Friday, November 4, 2016

Goodbye North Carolina!





This is a video taken today at anchor just on the border between North and South Carolina - close to the city of Calabash.  I am not sure I have loaded the video correctly onto the blog - hope it works for you!  (it seems to work on my Macbook but not my iphone for some reason).

Mark took the dinghy into Calabash last night and scored some ultra-fresh shrimp for dinner.  The fact that we have now ventured into alligator territory makes dinghy-rides significantly less appealing to me.





Since leaving Wilmington, Mark and I have anchored each night while continuing to make our way southward.  The weather has remained generally pleasant; unfortunately the bugs (gnats and mosquitoes) like the weather too - and apparently the fresh nourishment we provide.

A lowlight for me this week was my not-so-graceful fall on board, and I am still feeling sore in spots from it.  But if I had to choose a place to fall, that would be the best spot (see picture below).  We had just finished setting the anchor, and the deck was wet - my foot slipped on the top step and gravity took over from there, sending me feet-first into the narrow walkway.   The hardest part was trying to get myself back up (felt wedged) - I'm sure that maneuver looked quite walrussy as well.  Just grateful there were no serious injuries!



Starting tomorrow (Saturday), we will be staying at Osprey Marina in Myrtle Beach for about 10 days.  We will be able to see my sweet parents and visit with my AWESOME group of friends who are traveling down to Myrtle Beach over Veterans' Day weekend.  Really looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Our trip so far has been incredibly relaxing and stress-free (with the exception of the World Series), but it will be good to be back in civilization for a while.  It's hard to believe, but I'm actually looking forward to going to Walmart and getting all those things we've figured out would be good to have.  Hoping to find some cheap DVDs just in case we get desperate and plan to pick up a replacement coffee maker as our current one is not working consistently (big problem for me - I drink a lot of coffee!).  We may not post again until after we head south again - until then, take care!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment